ACPEL 2013 Conference had attracted a lot of media attention due to its diverse program and a fantastic panel of international speakers. To view the most recent media articles, please click here.
CLICK HERE for your pre-arrival letter
Thank you for attending ACPEL 2013!
On behalf of the ACPEL 2013 Organising Committee, thank you for attending the 4th International Society of Advance Care Planning and End of Life Care Conference held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Your contribution and participation certainly gave the conference a palpable sense of enthusiasm which was inspiring. The positive feedback on the quality of the scientific program has been very reassuring. It has spurred us all on towards our research in, and implementation of, advance care planning and better end of life care. I think that we were lucky to have such excellent plenary and concurrent session speakers and to have Dr Norman Swan moderate the plenary sessions in such an engaging way.
Thank you also to our sponsors, the Department of Health and Ageing, Department of Health Victoria, UltraFeedback, ACHR, Hammond Care, Palliative Care Australia, Edith Cowan University, Aging with Dignity, Link Pharma, Clinect, Respecting Patient Choices, Calvary Care, Alzheimer’s Australia and City of Melbourne. Without the support of these sponsors, the conference would not have been possible.
5th International Conference to be held in Munich Sep/Oct 2015
We look forward to seeing you and many others at the next conference in Munich in September/October 2015. It will definitely be worth attending!
Assoc Professor Bill Silvester
ACPEL 2013 Conference Convenor
ACPEL 2013 Organising Committee Members
- Ms Julie-Anne Davies, National Communications Director, Respecting Patient Choices, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
- Dr Karen Detering, Respiratory Physician, Clinical Ethicist and Clinical Leader, Respecting Patient Choices, Austin Health, AUSTRALIA
- Mr Tom Holman, Managing Director, UltraFeedback, AUSTRALIA
- Dr Barbara Hayes, Palliative Care Physician/Clinical Leader, Advance Care Planning, Northern Health, AUSTRALIA
- Professor Anne Wilkinson, Cancer Council WA Chair in Palliative and Supportive Care, Western Australia Centre for Cancer and Palliative Care Research, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Edith Cowan University, AUSTRALIA
- Ms Jackie Kearney, Manager, Continuing Care, Department of Health, AUSTRALIA
- Ms Julie Letts, Manager, Clinical Ethics and Policy, Office of the Chief Health Officer, Department of Health, AUSTRALIA